The OPEIU Women’s Committee and Executive Board are committed to investing in women for leadership roles now and in the future of women in unionism.
The mission of the Women’s Committee (WC) is to:
• Unite women for the purpose of addressing their concerns and issues.
• Promote women in union leadership positions and in politics.
• Foster networking events & educational seminars.
• Help organize efforts for the advancement of women
If you'd like more information on how you can become involved with the Women's Committee, please email Erin Radford at firstname.lastname@example.org
SPREAD THE WORD on Women's Heart Health
The "Spread the Word" (STW) campaign, focuses on these facts:
* One in three women dies from heart disease, making it the #1 killer of women in the United States; and
* Coronary artery disease -- the most common type of heart disease — kills more Americans than all cancers combined.
* Women may experience less obvious symptoms when their heart artery has a blockage. This could include tightness or pressure in the back, a burning sensation like heartburn, dizziness, back pain or sudden weakness.
Partner with your doctor to find the right testing option for you. The only way to know if your symptoms point to coronary artery disease is to get tested. Some tests expose you to radiation while others are less invasive and more accurate for women. Get informed so you and your healthcare provider can decide together on the best option for you.
Links to more information
Women in History
Women Leaders in the Civil Rights Movement
She Should Run
Photos from Local 2 Women's Training